Its basically been an entire summer since my last post. So, instead of blogging about things that I've done, I decided to give you all some helpful hints on this years Fall 2011 must-haves. Since we are already in August, its important that you get a head start on rummaging through your closets and shopping for key fall pieces!
1. Wool Floppy Hats: These hats come in all colors. Neutral and berry shades are best this season.
2. Utility Pocket Blouses: Wear this trend in a "boyfriend" fit. Dress it up or down but this trend should be in multiples in your closet.
3. Trench Coat: This is a trend that every women should own. Make sure you have a belted medium-length trench coat to give your body a nice womanly shape. Curves are in!!! This versatile piece can be worn for business and casual wear. So get it if you don't have it!!
4. Scarfs: One of the best accessories to have is a scarf. Scarfs liven up a dull or incomplete outfit with an extra color or cool print.
5. Wedge Shoes & Booties: Not only are wedges more comfortable thanr your average 4.5" platform heel but they also give your outfit another canvas to play with bold solid colors or prints!
6. Satchels & Chain Straps: There are so many ways to express youself this season. Wrap up a stylish look with a simple and classic handheld bag or a vintage inspired chain strap purse.
7. Menswear Trendy Shoes: Though I'm not a flats kind of girl, these menswear shoes are definitely a trend worth having in my closet. Who knew flats weren't so bad?! LOL
8. Cropped Trousers: This 3 year old piece in my closet seems to be sticking around this season. These trousers are paired best with tanks or silk/chiffon blouses and waist-length outerwear.
9. Slouchy Knits: Whether long sleeved, short sleeved, cropped, or oversized, this is a comfy must-have! Since slouchy knits have so much volume, they are best outfited with a penciled bottom like leggins, skinny jeans, or tapered trousers.
10. Leather Jackets: I can't mention fall without leather! In taupe, camel, black, gray, berry, and more, this piece becomes even more trendy every year with new shapes.
11. Faux Fur: My new found love! Faux fur! Most vest are a little boxy so cinch the waist with a belt or ribbon for a nice finish.
Be on the lookout for more fall trend reports!!
Thanks for stopping by!